Re: 6 days till Bug Horizon

On Wed, Feb 23, 2000 at 11:52:46PM +0100, Richard Braakman wrote:
> Package: gimp1.1 (debian/main).
> Maintainer: Ben Gertzfield <che@debian.org>
>   56503 Gimp is still crashing
> [STRATEGY] these have been fixed upstream, maintainer is working on 1.1.17 package
Fixed according to recent libgtk upload. Can we downgrade this to normal (since
they brought up some minor translation bugs?)

> Package: gnome-apt (debian/main).
> Maintainer: Apt Packaging Team <apt@packages.debian.org>
>   57283 gnome-apt: libapt-pkg2.7 dependency problem
> [STRATEGY] Needs to be recompiled with libapt-pkg2.8
Is this being actively maintained? If not, it seems
like a perfect remove.

> Package: gnome-napster (debian/main).
> Maintainer: Adam Heath <doogie@debian.org>
>   57207 gnome-napster: Crashes on searching and downloading fixed in 0.4.1
>   57208 Interface locks HARD when downloading

Nasty bugs, but they're livable. I would tack up some notices
about "highly unstable" and downgrade these to normal.

> Package: kaffe (debian/main).
> Maintainer: Ean R. Schuessler <ean@novare.net>
>   55618 kaffe: shell scripts starting kaffe components contain invalid paths
>   55835 kaffe_1:1.0.5e-0.1(frozen): build error: make -j fails
>   55848 jdk1.1: paths screwed up ?

Somebody needs to NMU this again, as the maintainer doesn't seem
to be around, and at least 55618 is a simple (but fatal) bug.
If we take this out, we need to move all the Java programs
that need a virtual machine to contrib again.

> Package: libc6 (debian/main).
> Maintainer: Joel Klecker <debian-glibc@lists.debian.org>

Does anyone actually use this package? (-:

> Package: libfltk1 (debian/main).
> Maintainer: Sean E. Perry <shaleh@debian.org>
>   52437 libfltk1 should link against a gl library?

I don't understand why this is an important problem.
It runs the programs it's linked against.

> Package: xcdroast (debian/main).
> Maintainer: Wichert Akkerman <wakkerma@debian.org>
>   57434 Looks in the wrong place for source data and "locks up".

I wouldn't call it a important bug. It's a normal bug (doesn't
work quite right in some circumstances) and a wishlist bug
(the "locks up" is merely cosmetic. It's annoying, but definetly
not fatal.)

--
David Starner - dstarner98@aasaa.ofe.org
Only a nerd would worry about wrong parentheses with