Re: 6 days till Bug Horizon

On Thu, Feb 24, 2000 at 12:20:52PM -0600, David Starner wrote:
> > Package: gnome-napster (debian/main).
> > Maintainer: Adam Heath <doogie@debian.org>
> >   57207 gnome-napster: Crashes on searching and downloading fixed in 0.4.1
> >   57208 Interface locks HARD when downloading
>
> Nasty bugs, but they're livable. I would tack up some notices
> about "highly unstable" and downgrade these to normal.

Why do we want "highly unstable" software in our stable distribution?
IMHO, it needs to be kept to unstable until it works reliably. This
relates to the larger question of why we're so determined to package the
whole world, including programs with version numbers like 0.4.1; just
because something's been announced on freshmeat doesn't mean it's ready
for stable.

--
Mike Stone