Re: I don't want to use xterm, why am I forced to use it any way?

On Thu, Feb 24, 2000 at 05:19:35PM +0200, Gediminas Paulauskas wrote:
> Thu, Feb 24, 2000 at 08:10:38AM -0500 Branden Robinson rase:
> > On Thu, Feb 24, 2000 at 02:38:45PM +0200, Gediminas Paulauskas wrote:
> > > gnome-terminal doesn't accept the -T option, and this brokes some calls from
> > > other applications. gnome-terminal is the only terminal emulator i've
> > > installed and use, so, no one is forced to use xterm. no program depends on
> > > xterm, and I solved the problem with netscape or other packages that call
> > > xterm explictly by creating a symlink xterm -> gnome-terminal. But the lack
> > > of -T option remains, though don't know what it means.
> >
> > It sets the title on the window.
>
> ah, yes. then this should be considered as a bug, because -t or
> --title=TITLE works, but -T don't

All it should take is 5 minutes by someone who knows libpopt.
(Plus download time.) I took a look at it, and I could give you
a patch changing -t to -T, but libpopt doens't like two short
options for the same long option.

--
David Starner - dstarner98@aasaa.ofe.org
Only a nerd would worry about wrong parentheses with