Re: bug in cursor window control - but which package?

On Thu, Feb 24, 2000 at 06:34:23PM +1100, Hamish Moffatt wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 23, 2000 at 10:25:11PM -0700, der.hans wrote:
> > On Fri, 18 Feb 2000, Hamish Moffatt wrote:
> > > It's been happening to me for years. I think there's bug reports against
> > > rxvt for it. I couldn't get it to happen just now, actually, so maybe
> > > there's been a fix. Mostly noticeable in vi.
> >
> > It looked like this problem was gone the other day when I read this mail,
> > but last night I experienced it on either x86 or PPC Potato (forgot which
> > box, but I think x86) and also today on x86 Potato. All 3 have been
> > dist-upgraded this week, so are fairly current.
> >
> > For today's instance I was ssh'd to a SuSE box and from there ssh2'd to a
> > RedHat box. On the RedHat box I was running linuxconf in console
> > mode. After exiting linuxconf the cursor didn't get properly replaced.
>
> Well I still get it when I use my up-to-date potato system to access
> a slink system, but I couldn't reproduce it on the potato system
> locally. So perhaps it's an ncurses thing which is now fixed.

I highly doubt it is fixed. I have seen that for years as well - it is in fact why I switched over to emacs in X.
I have never bothered to file any bugs, as I know it is there in other distros just as well.
I've also noticed (that is why I doubt it's gone) that it doesn't always happen. It seems to be dependant on the cursor location when
exiting, but I've never been able to really found out what exactly could reproduce it.

Regards,

Filip