Re: wterm in potato

On Tue, Feb 22, 2000 at 08:15:19PM +0100, Josip Rodin wrote:
> About the "it's an English-only distro, put a disclaimer and stop bitching"
> argument - I refuse to take such point of view.

So do I.  But who has seriously proposed that argument?

> We should continue the
> i18n-ization of Debian in any way possible. Just because Debian doesn't
> completely support non-Latin languages (and apparently some Latin languages,
> too :/ ), it doesn't mean such thing is not a worthy goal to pursue, and
> that we should just drop it.

True.

My native language requires ISO 8859-1 support, ie. 8-bit cleanness
(among other things).  However, I don't really care if wterm is 8-bit
clean.  I don't use it, so in my prespective we can release with it,
or without it.  Given that a noticeable subset of our users don't need
8-bit-cleanness from a terminal emulator, I'd let it stay.

IMHO there are much more important bugs to deal with.

                                  ""
                             (John Cage)