Re: SSH buglist cleanup.

On Sun, Feb 20, 2000 at 02:31:09PM -0700, Jason Gunthorpe wrote:
> > 	Last part of patch is best handled with a separate
> > 	config option, similarly to PrintMotd. That bug is
> > 	left open in the form of #55042.
> This is silly, the code should just be eliminated when PAM is compiled in,
> like some of the other options are. Adding a new option that everyone will
> just turn off is silly :>

	If that's the case, then I'd remove PrintMotd also,
	for consistency. Currently, I'm thinking that the
	most logical thing to do would be to add a PrintLastlog
	next to PrintMotd, and make their default value depend
	on whether PAM is in or not. That way everyone won't have
	to turn it off; it will be off -- but if someone wants to
	take pam_lastlog away, then ssh can still do it also.

> Have you been sending these fixes upstream? It is silly to patch it again
> and again.

	I have not even made any NMU yet; I spent a full day
	cataloging the SSH bugs to see what's worth fixing and
	what's already fixed. But I will try to do the right
	thing..

--
tv@{{hq.yok.utu,havoc,gaeshido}.fi,{debian,wanderer}.org,stonesoft.com}
unix, linux, debian, networks, security, | ABORTED effort: