Re: ITP: namazu2

>>>>> In <sv6zoszp2au.wl@ikura.cs.uec.ac.jp>
>>>>>	Masato Taruishi <taru@debian.org> wrote:
Masato Taruishi> At Fri, 18 Feb 2000 12:59:20 +0900,
Masato Taruishi> Ryuichi Arafune <arafune@debian.org> wrote:

Masato Taruishi> > Takuo KITAME> >>>>> On Fri, 18 Feb 2000 12:35:49 +0900
Masato Taruishi> > Takuo KITAME> >>>>> "RA" == Ryuichi Arafune <arafune@ushioda.riec.tohoku.ac.jp> wrote...
Masato Taruishi> >
Masato Taruishi> > RA> Why do you make a new package not to do up grade of namazu?
Masato Taruishi> >
Masato Taruishi> > RA> If all mantainers think as you (build separate package  each
Masato Taruishi> > RA> version), Debian has millon pacages as a result!!
Masato Taruishi> >
Masato Taruishi> > Takuo KITAME> Cos Namazu2 has incompatible parts with old Namazu.
Masato Taruishi> > Takuo KITAME> My solution is just like INN and INN2.
Masato Taruishi> >
Masato Taruishi> > WHAT IS INCOMPATIBILITY?
Masato Taruishi> >
Masato Taruishi> > I think the major incompatibility is index file.  However this can be
Masato Taruishi> > resolved, if user rebuild it.

Masato Taruishi> The new namazu seems to have new shared library `libnmz2'. If
Masato Taruishi> namazu has more many shared libraries in the future, it may be
Masato Taruishi> better to prepare to separate them.

...??

In that case, we use Replaces and Conflicts field in control. See
developers reference.  To put it shortly, this is not a reason why anyone
build a separate package.

Later,

--
Ryuichi Arafune