Re: ITP: Slash, Sourceforge (fwd)

On Fri, Jan 28, 2000 at 07:42:43PM -0500, Jaldhar H. Vyas wrote:
> > upstream (don't you love it when someone volunteers you for hard work :)
>
> However if some sends me a patch for postgres support, I will gladly
> incorporate it.  (Right back at ya Craig :-)

i'm working on it. i've spent most of today porting it to postgres.

it's still got a long way to go, but it's looking good.

so far i've converted the scripts which creates the tables and imports
the initial data. i've also done the bulk of the conversion work on
Slash.pm, slashd, dailyStuff, and portald.  I've even got it sort of
displaying a Slash page in my web browser showing articles from the
database - but nothing actually works yet.

there's still lots to do, though - i've barely touched any of the .pl
files in public_html. mysql has lots of weird "SQL" commands...i've
had to write pg sql functions to do some of date conversions (simple
wrappers around date_part).

i don't know how useful my work will be as a set of patches - right now,
it's more of a quick hack fork than a patch which allows it to work with
postgres or mysql.

craig

--
craig sanders