Re: ITP: Slash, Sourceforge (fwd)

On Thu, 27 Jan 2000, Craig Sanders wrote:

> slash is perl, so if it uses DBI i'd suggest hacking it to use DBD::Pg
> rather than DBD::mysql. that shouldn't be a huge amount of work. a
> different script to create the tables and minor alterations to the SQL
> commands.

Yes it does use DBI so actual changes to the code should be minimal
but I only have MySQL installed and don't know much about the differences
between SQL in the two versions so initially my package will be for MySQL
only and will go into contrib.

> otherwise, hack it to use postgres directly and submit the changes back
> upstream (don't you love it when someone volunteers you for hard work :)

However if some sends me a patch for postgres support, I will gladly
incorporate it.  (Right back at ya Craig :-)

I hope to have an initial package by the end of the day.

--
Jaldhar H. Vyas <jaldhar@debian.org>