Re: intent to package: sendpage

On Tue, Jan 25, 2000 at 07:23:04PM +1100, Brendan O'Dea (bod@compusol.com.au) wrote:

> Be aware that a sendpage binary currently exists in the hylafax-client
> package.

 I am aware of that, and am looking at what to do about it. As far as I
 can tell there are two things that can be done:

 Change the name of the binaries to something like sendpage-client and
 sendpaged to remove the name overlap,

 or use a Conflicts: dependency, not allow this package to be installed if
 hylafax-client already is.

 Certainly, a Conflicts: would be far easier, but is this an approriate
 reason to declare a conflict? The packaging manual doesn't seem too clear
 on if there's reasons that are ok or not to declare a conflict.

 Any advice from the veterans?

--
 Preston M. Smith <psmith@lib.purdue.edu>
 http://www.lib.purdue.edu/~psmith