Re: concensus on removing TeX and Emacs from standard

-> Quite the contrary, the internationalization in TeX is quite amazing indeed.
-> European (Western and Eastern) are all covered; Cyrillic; Arabic and Hebrew
-> (Did you install "arabtex"?), Chinese, Japanese, Korean (cjk-latex and other
-> similar packages), etc. etc.  And all of these can appear together in one
-> document too, and that is something that Microsoft Word can only begin to do
-> rather recently (Word 97?)  It still need work, but definitely TeX (and later
-> on Omega with Unicode support) is one of the best in terms of
-> internationalization.
->
-> Well, again, the i18n support in GNU Emacs and XEmacs has become rather
-> mature.  Yes, you can type Chinese, Japanese, Korean, English, Hindu, etc.
-> etc. in Emacs already.  I am not sure about right-to-left scripts like
-> Hebrew and Arabic, but I think they are supported quite well too.  Still
-> need works, but just a case in point: Emacs (esp. with MULE extension) is
-> highly developed and used by Japanese users.

both packages re very big so i think they should't be in standard
distribution. anyone is even free to install them.
--
 Matus "fantomas" Uhlar, sysadmin at NEXTRA, Slovakia; IRCNET admin of *.sk
 uhlar@fantomas.sk ; http://www.fantomas.sk/ ; http://www.nextra.sk/