Re: concensus on removing TeX and Emacs from standard

* Tomasz Wegrzanowski said:

> > > Magnus, I think you're absolutely right.  But it's probably a lost cause.
> > > Just one Amurkin's opinion...
> >
> > I know that, but it was my humoristic punshline to point out that the diffrence
> > is there and real an that there is not much we can do anything about it...
> > regardless of what is wise from an administrative view. Consider what would
> > happend if we dropped french, since english is such a great language ;)
>
> Hey !
> I hasnt been very understood (did I use another English than you ?, no matter ;-))
>
> I'd like to see one reasonable english dictionary in Std, say ienglish, and the other :
> ibritish, iamerican, iaustralian, iirishenglish, iscottenglish, ipigenglish, ipolishenglish,
> ichinessenglish etc. in Opt
But the thing is, in the case of the English language, there's no such thing
as _reasonable_ dictionary. As it was pointed out before, the various
English dialects differ too much in many respects to agree the two (three,
four?) sides. The two "mainstream" English dialects are American English and
British English and they should stay in Std imho...

> And Im asking again if korn shell is so widely used to put it to Std.
> I think Opt is reasonable place for it.
I second that :)

marek