Re: Problems installing/upgrading potato

> - I think this has been mentioned numerous times beforehand, so I
> might try searching the mailing list archives if I get a chance.
> XWindows cannot use the mouse (/dev/psaux) if gpm is running - I have
> to stop gpm first.

To solve this you need to run gpm with the repeater options
(i.e. -R /dev/mouse_device_name) and configure X to use
/dev/mouse_device_name.

This is only needed on some mice (busmice acc. t the man page...)

Perhaps gpm should offer an alternate to run `-R /dev/mouse'
in hopes that X11 will default there...
The X11 config is pretty tricky (and spread out).

I'm rather far from certain what the "right way" might be though...

- Dave