Re: /etc/profile should include sbin in PATH

    Robert> As we all know, the golden rule of UNIX is do it at a
    Robert> user. For me, this means I do a lot of administrative
    Robert> functions (including network diagnostics) under my user
    Robert> account. This is why mtr and traceroute are suid root.

    Robert> Either take the suid bit off traceroute or move it to
    Robert> /usr/bin.

In all of this discussion, can somebody please tell me why
login is in /bin/login?

What user/system-administrator/whatever would want to manually
run login?

IMHO, login is a confusing program to the novice, as it is not
intended to be run as a user program, but it is in /bin.
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>