Re: /etc/profile should include sbin in PATH

On Wed, 5 Jan 2000, David Welton wrote:

 : On Wed, Jan 05, 2000 at 03:36:29PM +0000, jesdynf wrote:
 : >
 : > > Why is it so difficult for you to take sbin out of your path if you
 : > > don't want it?  While we may not be 'forcing' anyone to do anything,
 : >
 : > Uhm, can you tell me HOW to take something -out- of my path without
 : > resorting to sed or Perl?
 :
 : Use emacs.  Or vi.

... and end up with a hard coded path which doesn't ever reflect changes
made to /etc/profile without manual intervention.

The question wasn't how to replace PATH, but how to remove a value from
it.  How do you do that without sed or perl?

--
Nathan Norman
MidcoNet  410 South Phillips Avenue  Sioux Falls, SD