Re: Debian Weekly News - January 4th, 2000

On Tue, Jan 04, 2000 at 07:57:24PM -0800, Joey Hess wrote:
> Anyone who recently installed a fresh Debian system using the potato
> boot floppies has a severely broken system that is open to numerous
> exploits due to [21]permissions problems. The boot-floppies team has
> fixed the problem, and it's likely very few people are affected, since
> few people have tried the potato boot floppies yet. Work on the boot
> floppies continues, on many fronts.

Which date is on the borked floppies? I installed a system recently with the
xx-xx-2000 ones, and they worked perfectly... where is the permission
problem? (so I can fix it)

>   * [32]quake2-bin: commercial 3D action game from the makers of Doom
>     [non-free]

Nice to see, my first package in the DWN, but it was only a split. qukae2
has been available for a while. for those who dont know, yes, there are
teething problems with it, Im on it.

                       Michael Beattie (mickyb@es.co.nz)

    CPU's dont tend to work very well after their "magic smoke" has escaped.