Re: How not to be a nice person (Was: Re: Packages should not Conflict on the basis of duplicate functionality)

* Anthony Towns said:
> On Fri, Oct 01, 1999 at 11:53:19PM -0500, The Doctor What wrote:
> > The idea was not to say that "since I work for *a company* I'm an
> > authority".  My point was that I work in the "real world" and have a
> > counter example.
>
> And of course, everyone else on the list doesn't work in the "real world",
> and just plays in their own little pointless sandpit. Feh.
>
> That *is* offensive.
Come on! Better stop it now. You know damned well this is not the case.
Everyone has their experiences in the real work and world - and everyone has
the right to support their speech using the examples and poits from his own
life. EVERYONE. And if you take it personal, then I'm sorry. I don't feel
offended by what TDW said.

marek