Re: dhcpcd procedure

On 01-Oct-99, 11:28 (CDT), Dpk <dpk@egr.msu.edu> wrote:
> What would be the best way to check for this?  A simple 'ps |grep
> dhcpcd' ? Would doing so make my package dependent on procps?  or is
> there a convenient way to check the installed version of dhcpcd
> someway?

As others have said, check the arguments to your postinst. Here's
an example excerpt:

if [ "$1" = "configure" -a -n "$2" ] && dpkg --compare-versions "$2" lt "3.0pl1-43" ; then

	echo "This is an upgrade from an old version -- restart daemon"
fi

Of course, you'd replace "3.0pl1-43" with the version number of the
*first* version that *doesn't* need to perform the special action.

Steve

--
Steve Greenland <vmole@swbell.net>
(Please do not CC me on mail sent to this list; I subscribe to and read