Re: How not to be a nice person (Was: Re: Packages should not Conflict on the basis of duplicate functionality)

On Fri, Oct 01, 1999 at 09:06:39PM -0500, The Doctor What wrote:
> I took care in my message above to remove anything offensive towards
> Craig.  Unfortunately Craig didn't do the same.

garbage.  you went out of your way to be offensive.  to quote the opening
line of your message:

	"Excuse me.  I work for TurboLinux."

the implication here is that you know what you are talking about because
you work for a "real" (i.e. commercial) linux distribution.

anyone should be able to guess that that particular attitude is not
going to go down well in debian-devel. it's akin to saying that
proprietary software is better because the programmers get paid to write
it (and, by logical extension, that free software authors are just
amateur bumblers).

i find posturing based on your employer to be particularly annoying -
it's a blatant attempt to cash in on borrowed status. it doesn't work
that way here, it's not who you work for that's important, it's what
you've done.

> It is my hope that Craig Sanders reads this and thinks about what he
> has done and why.

very little of what i write is done without review and consideration of
the effect of my words. i am a very deliberate writer. i presume that
others are just as deliberate. if they're not, then they need to learn
more caution and control over the language they use.

craig

--
craig sanders