How not to be a nice person (Was: Re: Packages should not Conflict on the basis of duplicate functionality)

Just to make sure we are all clear here:
I have cc'ed the listmaster and I am angry and insulted.  On the flip
side, I am trying very hard to be calm and collected and (most importantly
in my mind) fair.  The subject is deliberatly melodramatic.