Re: How not to be a nice person (Was: Re: Packages should not Conflict on the basis of duplicate functionality)

* Craig Sanders said:
> On Fri, Oct 01, 1999 at 09:06:39PM -0500, The Doctor What wrote:
> > I took care in my message above to remove anything offensive towards
> > Craig.  Unfortunately Craig didn't do the same.
>
> garbage.  you went out of your way to be offensive.  to quote the opening
> line of your message:
>
> 	"Excuse me.  I work for TurboLinux."
>
> the implication here is that you know what you are talking about because
> you work for a "real" (i.e. commercial) linux distribution.
No, you get it plain wrong. I guess it's just a way of thinking, but how I
understand what The Doctor What said about TurboLinux is that he just states
that he knows the chores of a Unix administrator. Point. Don't attribute to
anyone what he didn't say.

> that way here, it's not who you work for that's important, it's what
> you've done.
Exactly what he said. He's DONE work for TurboLinux. He did it well. He has
every right to be proud of it and to draw it in discussion like this.

marek