Re: freedom-subtracted.debian.org (was: Re: KDE)

Previously Marcus Brinkmann wrote:
> Yes, I can. It is an old and multiple times reported bug in dpkg which is
> probably difficult to fix (or not, I don't know).

dpkg doesn't have a clear concept of ownership of a directory, which is
probably causing this. What also doesn't help is that dpkg seems to try
removing directories before it purges configuration files (either by
dpkg or the postrm, I haven't checked too closely).

Wichert.

E-Mail: wakkerma@cs.leidenuniv.nl