Re: concensus on removing TeX and Emacs from standard

Fabrizio Polacco writes:

> That's not true.  As I don't use them, I always have to remove them
> by hand after an upgrade, as there are intricate dependencies that
> requires them to be installed (as they are standard, there's no
> reason not to depend on them!).

How is your system set up?

I haven't used TeX or Emacs in quite a while, and I never had any
problem with either of them being installed when I didn't want them.
Maybe you should learn to use dselect.

In any case, I secod moving these programs out of standard.

--
Written with 100% free software. Please support the following websites:
www.noamazon.com www.eviltoy.com www.debian.org www.gnu.org lpf.ai.mit.edu