Re: concensus on removing TeX and Emacs from standard

On Fri, Dec 31, 1999 at 06:09:09PM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 31, 1999 at 12:03:02AM -0800, Robert Woodcock wrote:
> >
> > Hello, I think TeX and Emacs should no longer be standard.
>
> People who don't want it are, of course, free to not have them.

That's not true.
As I don't use them, I always have to remove them by hand after an
upgrade, as there are intricate dependencies that requires them to be
installed (as they are standard, there's no reason not to depend on
them!).
I got tired and tired of that.
It is far and far more easy to select and install a package forever,
than to deselect and uninstall a package (in this case a full bunch of
packages) and don't see them reappear.

Therefore I second Robert's request.

fab