Re: concensus on removing TeX and Emacs from standard

 Hi!
 This is my first post here and i'm not even a Debian developer (yet i hope)
On Fri, Dec 31, 1999 at 06:09:09PM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> Personally, I'd be inclined to upgrade X11 to Standard. What's changed
> since it was put in policy originally? Computers have become a lot faster
> and larger, and a lot more GNU/Linux users expect to have a GUI available.

 I would rather want to stay things as they with X now. If X will be in
standard more application would get there as well (sooner or later). This
could lead to situation where one has to install X even if it's not needed on
particular machine. Of course i might be wrong...
 Some 2-3 months ago i installed Debian on some box and there was a selection
of types of installation (workstation, server etc i don;t recal exact names)
and i really think this will suffice (if someone is installing on a
workstation he will get X software anyway)
 Of course this all is not an issue for advanced users (at least i think so)

--
 Robert Ramiega  | robert@plukwa.net  IRC: _Jedi_ | Don't underestimate
 UIN: 13201047   | http://www.plukwa.net/         | the power of Source