Re: [bug] Restarting Daemons on package install/upgrade.

On Fri, Dec 24, 1999 at 10:07:38AM +0100, Christian Kurz wrote:
> Well this works for people that use the "old" init-style with links in
> /etc/rc* and won't work for people like me that use file-rc. Please
> provide first a solution for both cases. Then we can send out bugreports
> and fix those packages.

I sometimes wish we could settle on some of these key technologies,
like the two rc schemes, and inetd versus xinetd. It would make a lot
of things similar. Imagine if we had two menu systems. Similar confusion
happens with the documentation systems.

Hamish Moffatt VK3SB. CCs of replies on mailing lists are welcome.