Re: equivalent of *BSD's 'make world' in debian?

Daniel Burrows <Daniel_Burrows@brown.edu> writes:

>   There's actually yet another problem: next time you do apt-get upgrade, apt
> will recognize that the md5sum of your local package doesn't match the one on
> the ftp server and kindly clobber your changes!  I think that until it marks
> packages built locally from source as such this isn't going to be feasable on
> a large scale.

Does apt-get actually download a package of which the same version is
already installed?

Also what happens if you have a local apt repository with all your
selfbuild packages in it? Apt-get would get multiple entries for one
package with the same version. Which one would it use? The first? The
last? The most recent?

May the Source be with you.
			Goswin