Re: Preparing the Release / Freezing potato

On Mon, Nov 08, 1999 at 06:10:04PM -0500, Adam Di Carlo wrote:
> If you are arguing that 3.0.x policy packages should be banned from
> potato, I still think you're wrong.  Instead, you should say that any
> 3.x stds compliant package much also comply with the tech ctte
> decision.

I have some 3.0.x policy packages from before the tech-ctte vote.  They're
built with debhelper and use /usr/doc.  A rebuild would result in
/usr/share/doc without pain.  I don't think they should be rebuilt on that
account alone--wasted bandwidth, especially since I believe quake-lib is
among them.

I might need to upload a new quake-lib for other reasons (internal changes
to the quake packages and their configurations themselves) but not every
3.0.x package fully complies with 3.0.x--many were FHS sans /usr/share/doc
because /usr/share/doc wasn't ready to be used.

--
- Joseph Carter         GnuPG public key:   1024D/DCF9DAB3, 2048g/3F9C2A43
- knghtbrd@debian.org   20F6 2261 F185 7A3E 79FC  44F9 8FF7 D7A3 DCF9 DAB3