Re: Preparing the Release / Freezing potato

On Sat, Nov 06, 1999 at 03:17:55PM -0500, Adam Di Carlo wrote:
> You guys are all acting wierd.  Debian has never instituted a minimum
> policy version for a release.  Try to pretend that Policy 3.x is
> required for release is only going to delay release until 2001.  The
> only reasonable lower bound, if we wanted to have a lower bound at all
> (which I doubt), would be something like 2.5.1.

You're completely missing the point.

Before 3.1.0.0 was out, we had policy 3.0.x.x, and any package which
complied with that policy (which at that time was the most recent package
version) was (is) broken, from the point of view of release management.

Yeah, people could have ignored the policy and stuck with earlier
policy versions, but many trusted the most recent policy.

--
Raul