Re: Preparing the Release / Freezing potato

[Why -private ?]

Rob Browning writes:
 > >    There *is* confusion wether to use /usr/share/man or /usr/man,
 > >    /usr/share/info or /usr/info and /usr/share/doc or /usr/doc, also
 > >    where, if and when to add softlinks somewhere.
 >
 > Same here.  I have no idea what's been decided.

I was under the understanding that we should use /usr/share/man and
/usr/share/info at once, without symlinks, as all readers look in both
places; and that we should start moving does to /usr/share/, leaving
symlinks from /usr/doc to /use/share/doc for now.

Is there a misunderstanding on my part ?

--
Yann Dirson    <ydirson@altern.org> |    Why make M$-Bill richer & richer ?
debian-email:   <dirson@debian.org> |   Support Debian GNU/Linux:
http://www.altern.org/ydirson/      | Check <http://www.debian.org/>