Re: Is anyone else getting mail after it goes through a PMDF machine? (was: Odd mail package involved?)

On Fri, Nov 05, 1999 at 10:37:37AM -0500, Daniel Martin wrote:
> Well, yes, in the body section of the message I agree with that.
> However, I would think that the idea "be liberal in what you accept,
> conservative in what you output" would still apply to the mail
> headers, which ought to be straight ascii (or maybe iso885-1); in that
> case, outgoing mail headers hould not contain any characters in the
> range 0-31 except for a single CR/LF to mark each line's end.

Sure, where qmail is creating the mail it's rather strict about what
goes out.

However, when it's being a mail relay, that issue is determined by the
client software which originated the message.

> On the other hand, I also see that there's no really compelling
> argument for stripping the extra CR vs. not stripping it - it
> shouldn't be there to begin with. I also know that having software
> correct invalid input is a slippery slope that leads to some most
> undesireable destinations.

Exactly.

--
Raul