Re: Code Freeze for Potato

On Wed, Nov 03, 1999 at 03:26:26PM -0500, Peter S Galbraith wrote:

> Martin Schulze wrote:
>
> > Peter S Galbraith wrote:
> > >
> > > Do packages in incoming at the moment of the freeeze
> > > get moved to potato after the freeze?  (There are some packages
> > > over 1 month old in incoming).
> >
> > When potato is frozen, only bugfixes are allowed.  At the end of
> > freeze time, only rc bugfixes are allowed.
>
> Yes, of course.  My question was whether the packages in incoming
> _at_ _the_ _time_ of the freeze would be moved into potato, or
> not.
>
> The release manager has stated (since my query) that _new_
> pacakges in incoming would not get into potato.  Since some
> packages have been waiting two months in incoming, it hardly
> seems fair.

i second that.

I have a package in incoming that is just the docs for another package that is
already in debian. Is there any serious reason why such a package could
introduce new bugs ? it is only html and some ps file anyway.

If it should not go into potato, i should maybe put said docs into the package
itself ?

What if i fill a bugreport against the package saying the docs are missing ?

Friendly,

Sven LUTHER