RE: Status of Potato

On 02-Nov-99 Richard Braakman wrote:

> Before the freeze, we will have to deal with the backlog in Incoming
> somehow.  There are more than 200 packages in it now and it's growing.
> Help is on the way, but probably not in time.  In any case, I do not
> think it is wise to install a hundred new packages just before the
> freeze!  My plan is to handle all the packages that fix bugs, and
> leave the rest for the new unstable.

I think that this is wrong. This destroy a lot of work made by several
developers (and not only). Probably in Incoming there are many packages
_made_for_potato and I think they must be moved in potato. I think also that
Incoming handling must be reorganized.

---
   Christian Surchi, csurchi@mclink.it, www.firenze.linux.it/~csurchi
              Debian GNU/Linux User  ->  www.debian.org
  PGP fingerprint = 05 CE 0B BE BF FC B6 14  53 CA C7 8E AE 3A F2 6A
  GPG fingerprint = D1E2 9A9D 1712 0E94 8671  834E 0CFF 30E1 2625 7B68
The world is coming to an end ... SAVE YOUR BUFFERS!!!