Re: all xterms

On Tue, Nov 02, 1999 at 06:53:22PM +0100, Tomasz Wegrzanowski wrote:
> But I am talking about some global setting. If every account's $PATH
> starts by non-existing dir this slows down a system signigicantly.
> And it have to START by this cause elseway /usr/bin/ would be used.

(1) Have you measured it?  What results did you get?
(2) You've still not identified a program which hardcodes xterm's path
(3) The one example you gave -- mutt -- is bogus:
	(a) it doesn't call xterm (which you already pointed out), and
	(b) it's trivial to use relative paths (or arbitrary executables),
	    just edit /etc/Muttrc

At the moment I'm having a hard time believing you're trying to solve
a real problem.

--
Raul