Re: Intent package mule2 and custom-mule (Important for emacs (lisp) package maintainers)

Hi.

In article <[🔎] E11dzG0-0000CR-00@mozart.composer.ne.jp>
 kawamura@debian.org (Takao KAWAMURA) writes:

> Anyway, I know good Japanese supports of potato is important
> for you, Debian-JP.  However, it is not a indulgence.

Absolutely NO. It is important for "us", Debian. not only for just Debian-JP.

Otherwise, the members in Debian-JP do not need to make these much effort
to merge existing JP Packages, and continue to fork and separate packaging.

That "merge" comes from the intention to make the Debian better in i18n & l10n.
The working cost is much lower for Debian-JP if it does not concern about
the status of Debian itself, and just utilize the output from Debian in order
to make the separate and specialized distributiion.

I think good native language support for ANY language which people
use in everyday life now on the world, is very important for Debian,
"The Universal Operating System".

from Our Social Contract:

   4. Our Priorities are Our Users and Free Software
       We will be guided by the needs of our users and the free-software
       community. We will place their interests first in our priorities.

Please note the "We will be guided", not "We will guide".

# In shorter word, "We should not force the user to study the English
# hard just in order to use our system." There are enough reasons to
# force the developers to do it, though.
# (at least "to comunicate with other members from all over the world")

Although I am also satisfied the level of Japanese support in current emacs20
(some part of it comes from your skk-related packages, thank you KAWAMURA,
and of course I am thankfull for other maintainers of emacs related packages),
but I know some people needs the mule2's robust stability.

Well, I also agree that we should consider the feedback for upstreams,
and emacs20 and xemacs-mule is the right way. So I don't say anything about
that mule2 packaging, although I am interested in having that package.

What I want to say is,
"Good native language support is very important for Debian itself".

Please fix your words. Thanks.

--
  Taketoshi Sano: <sano@debian.org>,<sano@debian.or.jp>,<kgh12351@nifty.ne.jp>