Re: Source Cds

On Sep 19, Ben Pfaff wrote:
> Tomasz Wegrzanowski <maniek@beer.com> writes:
>
>    I suggest compressing source code by bzip2
>    Many CD resellers add something to 2nd source cd
>    and it will make A LOT of free place for them (100-150 MB!!!)
>    Bzip2 is no problem because it is possibly available on every
>    Debian system and I dont want religious answers here.
>
> We've discussed this here before.  Have you read through the
> debian-devel archives on this subject already?

There is actually an open policy proposal on this (which I proposed).
I'll have to sit down and hack on dpkg-dev to implement it, which may
overcome some of the objections.

Anyway, look in debian-policy's archives from the last 3-4 months.

Chris
|          Chris Lawrence         |           Visit my home page!           |
|     <quango@watervalley.net>    |     http://www.lordsutch.com/chris/     |
|     Grad Student, Pol. Sci.     |     Do you want your bank to snoop?     |
|    University of Mississippi    |    http://www.defendyourprivacy.com/    |