grep-ing available made easy

Hello,

I have just finished the first 90% (that is, I have a decently working
beta version, but some things are still suboptimal) of something that
could be vaguely described as

Package: debcrawler
Section: admin
 debCrawler (completely unrelated to a well-known web indexing service)
 is a small tool to search the local database of installable Debian
 *.deb software packages for various criteria and display the
 results through a web browser. It does not attempt to cover package
 management. The output is formatted in a fashion that aims at readability
 on several different web browsers, including lynx.
 .
 debCrawler is a CGI application, so a http daemon with CGI support
 must be set up on the local machine. Note that dhttpd does *not* support
 CGIs (that means you have to use another httpd implementation).

It was inspired by hours of screen-staring in front of dselect,
some grep/sed/perl orgies with "available" and, of course,
<http://www.debian.org/distrib/packages>.

I'd be glad if some of you would try it and send me comments and bugs.
I'd be even more glad if somebody could package it (I am no Debian
developer yet, there are some technical problems, and I don't have the
time to overcome any of these two obstacles at the moment).

You can get it at

 <http://fs.math.uni-frankfurt.de/~brill/debcrawler-0.19.tar.gz>

Thanks

Bj"orn Brill <brill@fs.math.uni-frankfurt.de>