Re: itp: static bins / resolving static debian issues

* Michael Meskes said:
> On Thu, Aug 19, 1999 at 01:47:06PM +0200, Marek Habersack wrote:
> > Both sash and ash are small, so I think there's no problem in putting the
> > latter in /bin/static and using it when POSIX-compliance is needed. Btw. ash
> > has history support...
>
> And sash has a lot of built-in commands. I wonder which command we really need
> as a static binary.
it has, indeed, many commands built-in. But, out of necessity, they are
quite limited - you might, just might, need more advanced features of one of
these commands not present in the sash implementation. Also e2fsck, ar,
mount, umount, ae (or another editor) are quite a must.

marek