Re: Unsupported Debian [was: Re: [New maintainer] Working for De

On Fri, Aug 06, 1999 at 01:57:02AM +0200, Martin Bialasinski wrote:

> BTW: how about a link from www.debian.org to Stephane's list?

No, please don't do that. This will almost make official and endorsed
the existence of rogue Debian packages from outside the project. FWIW,
I second the idea of a semi-stable distribution. This is a great
solution for potato-packages-needed-for-slink such as X, new Gnome and
so on. If I'm not mistaken a similar approach is taken by FreeBSD,
with their CURRENT, STABLE and RELEASE trees, right?

If you're not a developer and create packages, add them to Stephane's
list. But don't make it look like it's endorsed by the project.

--
Alex Shnitman                            | http://www.debian.org
alexsh@hectic.net, alexsh@linux.org.il   +-----------------------

/real/ programmers