Re: Possible ITP: Rescue Package

From: Joseph Carter <knghtbrd@debian.org>

> I already know how I plan to do it without resorting to one of the
> micro distributions.  => I just haven't decided yet whether anybody
> else wants it enough to make it worth trying to write a better
> initrd that is more generic.  I've got it working now with my zip
> disk though.

If you get it to work with the zip disk mounted readonly, so that it
would also work from a CDrom, then its worth the effort.

Currently when I need a rescue system for some reason, I install base
to the swap partition and work from that. Its great, but nowadays I
tend to not have a swap partition, so that option is not allways
possible. :)

If you keep going with your ideas, please include raid support (mdrun,
mdadd and kernel modules).

May the Source be with you.
                        Goswin