Re: [New maintainer] Working for Debian and becoming a registered Debian developer

Buddha Buck <bmbuck@zaphod.dhis.org> writes:

> > [ Large crosspost to start the discussion, please reply to debian-devel
> >   only. Simply respect the reply-to. ]
> >
> > Hello everybody,
> >
> > you may or not be aware that getting a Debian developer is quite long. I
> > want to propose a solution to facilitate the integration of new
> > Debian developers.
>
> I don't see it as significantly better than what is already there.
> Worse, it assumes that the group in charge of processing new
> maintainers are actually negligent.  I'd rather think that they were
> doing their job as best as they could.

Then maybe there aren't enough of them?

Also it doesn't take that much time to reply a short "we got your
mail" message to each aplication for maintainership. Maybe someone
should join the team processing new maintainers. He could quickcheck
the aplication and reply a short notice that it will be processed or
was rejected because such and such was missing. He should not check
the key and such, but he should check if the mail was signed at all, a
quick glance would be enough.

Another option would be a script that automatically reply to tell that
the mail arrived.

What would also be usefull would be webpage showing the number of
new maintainers waiting and their names or a formula to enter once
name that gives back once place in the list for new maintainers.

May the Source be with you.
			Goswin