Re: Policy for default mount points?

Matthew Gregan <kinetik@ihug.co.nz> writes:

> Hello everyone.
>
> The upstream package defaults to mounting the Psion at
> '/psion.stand/mnt', and the package maintainers before me were
> changing that to '/psion/mnt'. Since both of these are causing the
> package to create a dir off of root, it breaks the FHS (and FSSTND as
> well, I think), and lintian complains. I considered making it
> '/mnt/psion', but '/mnt/ is described as a place for temporary mounts
> anyway (plus lintian complains).

I would opt for /mnt/psion. The psion will be only mounted temporary,
since its intended to be carried around, isn't it.

Also that way people can find it and it won't mess around somewhere
else. If people don't like it there they can allways change it, but I
think its a good default.

On the other hand, coda allways mounts to /coda, the CD is mounted to
/cdrom, the floppy to /floppy, /psion would be going along that line.

May the Source be with you.
			Goswin