Re: [New maintainer] Working for Debian and becoming a registered Debian developer

Le Thu, Jul 22, 1999 at 01:48:20PM -0400, Buddha Buck écrivait:
> The suggestion that you need a sponsor to vouch for you in order to get
                      ^^^^^^^^
> your application processed over politicises the new maintainer process.
>  It isn't in the current rules, and quite frankly leaves a bad taste in
> my mouth.

You don't NEED anything. What I'm doing here is a suggestion in order to
let people work on Debian if they want to work on it. Basically developers
can work on Debian. Non-developer can submit patches but they are useless
if they are not integrated.

And the time issue is a wrong one. The more you show that you can work on
Debian, the more you'll be on the top of the TODO list for the new
maintainer. But all applications are processed !

Cheers,

PS: Of course, everything I said in all my messages are only personal
opinions and in no way Debian official position or the new maintainer
team's possition.
--
Hertzog Raphaël >> 0C4CABF1 >> http://prope.insa-lyon.fr/~rhertzog/