Re: ITP: asmutils (and PfP)
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: ITP: asmutils (and PfP)
- From: James Mastros <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 27 Jul 1999 22:59:16 -0400
- Message-id: <19990727225915.A19459@hildy>
- In-reply-to: <19990727232449.B971@portaloo.>; from Edward Betts on Tue, Jul 27, 1999 at 11:24:49PM +0100
- References: <19990727042035.E1883@hildy> <19990727232449.B971@portaloo.>
On Tue, Jul 27, 1999 at 11:24:49PM +0100, Edward Betts wrote:
> I thought about packaging asmutils, but I had two small problems. Why? and how
> to deal with the stuff it replaces.
Why: Two reasons: They'll be useful on dying systems (see the possible ITP
for rescue), and to use in shell-scripts and other times when you don't need
the full-blown thing. I'm on a slow system now and these should help me.
Also, it would be great if some standard shell-scripts used these; it should
help load times... though for that they'd have to become essensial.
Dealing with replacements:
I'm planning on installing these as tiny_foo binaries next to the standard
binaries, and _optionaly_ diverting the ones listed in GNU-LIST.
> > I'm also looking for sombody to upload this package for me until I become a
> > Maintainer. It will be showing up at http://www.rtweb.net/theorb/debian/
> > when it's done... which might not be tonight as it's 4:12 AM. I'll let you
> > guys know.
> I will have a look at the packages in the morning (GMT). I am interested how
> you have dealt with the existing utils.
It might take a few days to get the diversions how I want them. Also, I
have Real Work to do. I'll send a message to you when it's done.
-=- James Mastros
Real Work getting you down? Bury yourself in non-real work that's just as