Re: ITP: asmutils (and PfP)

On Tue, Jul 27, 1999 at 11:24:49PM +0100, Edward Betts wrote:
> I thought about packaging asmutils, but I had two small problems. Why? and how
> to deal with the stuff it replaces.
Why: Two reasons: They'll be useful on dying systems (see the possible ITP
for rescue), and to use in shell-scripts and other times when you don't need
the full-blown thing.  I'm on a slow system now and these should help me.
Also, it would be great if some standard shell-scripts used these; it should
help load times... though for that they'd have to become essensial.

Dealing with replacements:
I'm planning on installing these as tiny_foo binaries next to the standard
binaries, and _optionaly_ diverting the ones listed in GNU-LIST.

> > I'm also looking for sombody to upload this package for me until I become a
> > Maintainer.  It will be showing up at http://www.rtweb.net/theorb/debian/
> > when it's done... which might not be tonight as it's 4:12 AM.  I'll let you
> > guys know.
>
> I will have a look at the packages in the morning (GMT). I am interested how
> you have dealt with the existing utils.
It might take a few days to get the diversions how I want them.  Also, I
have Real Work to do.  I'll send a message to you when it's done.

	-=- James Mastros
--
Real Work getting you down?  Bury yourself in non-real work that's just as
bad.