Re: ITP exscan and penguineyes and RFP srp

[Don't send me any CC, I read the lists, where I write.]

On 99-07-24 Tommi Virtanen wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 23, 1999 at 10:55:12AM +0200, Christian Kurz wrote:
> > Personal Ad: But before it can be packaged, somebody with more knowledge
> > about licences should check the include licences carefully, as I'm not
> > sure, if it can go into main. Also it contains encryption (for now it's
> > only for the US) but as I found a copy on ftp.replay.com (sp?) I think
> > also some european developer could package this.

>         Eh? If you are in the US, you shouldn't package it at all,
>         or atleast not upload. And the same with lsh. If you upload
>         crypto code to master it will be automatically mirrored
>         outside of US -- not nice.

>         Then again, if you are not in the US, then I misparsed you.

Oh, then you misparsed me. I'm not living in the US, instead I'm leaving
in Germany. I will upload lsh to pandora (non-US), so it won't be a
problem.

About srp: In the Readme I found an paragraph which mentioned that the
encryption is only availabe for the US, but I'm not sure, as I found it
on replay.com which is not in the US. Also the copyright should be
checked as I'm not sure, if it's completely free software or not.

Cheers
       Christian
* Christian Kurz                          Debian Developer/QA-Team *
*         Use Debian - a free Operating System for your PC         *