Re: Freeze Goals -- WAS: September release

On Sat, Jul 17, 1999 at 05:32:39PM -0700, David Starner wrote:
> At 09:57 AM 7/18/99 +1000, Hamish Moffatt wrote:
> >On Sat, Jul 17, 1999 at 03:49:27PM -0700, David Starner wrote:
> >> This isn't a freeze yet, you know. Freezes have taken months, why extend
> >> them arbitrarily longer? It won't be a couple months - the people in the
> >> know have said that September isn't even plausable. How long did Slink's
> >> freeze take again?
> >
> >September certainly won't be plausible if we don't even try.
>
> Then declare a freeze and go from there. But don't stop something from
> being upgraded when a freeze isn't even in sight. We get enough complaints
> about outdated software to avoid updating during non-freeze periods.

Ideally we could discourage people from the idea that it's OK to get
every new version and new package in on the day before the freeze and then
expect to sort out the mess during the freeze, though. That's how they
blow out to months.

Hamish
--
Hamish Moffatt VK3SB (ex-VK3TYD).