[OFF-TOPIC] Blacklisting dialup IPs.

On Thu, Jun 03, 1999 at 12:57:27PM +1000, Craig Sanders wrote:

> yes.  shit happens.  nothing is perfect.  that's life, deal with it.
>
> blocking almost all spam for the minor price of requiring end-users to
> use the smtp relay services provided by their ISP is a big win.

Please tell me how many perfect providers are out there? I just had to send an
urgent mail but the relay of my provider did not deliver it but also did not
tell me. 2 months later I got the "delivery failed" message. Nice.

After that I sent out every mail directly to the recipient, but I was rejected
because of this silly RBL thing every so often. So I reactivated the relay.

Currently if I have a really urgent mail I use several of my accounts
to send a few copies at once. That's plain sick - I really need to get a
better provider :(( Even the university is not reliable at this :(

cu
    Torsten