Re: #38544: Gettext solution (Was: Re: gettext packages)

On Wed, Jun 02, 1999 at 09:51:44PM -0400, Branden Robinson wrote:

> I inherited the practice of splitting out the -static packages; it wasn't a
> decision I made.  I wasn't sure if I should stick with it or not, since it
> is technically against policy, but didn't feel strongly enough about it to
> change anything.

Indeed! It violates policy. How do I file a bug report against this? I have to
develop on a 486 with 200MB of disk space. It works with slink but I did not
install potato yet. On my workstation the upgrade to potato wasted about 40MB
o disk space IIRC. Most of that was from devel packages.

BTW: I switched to Debian because of its smaller disk footprint (than SuXE for
example). And it's not really hard to guess from the package names what is
needed for development:

torsten@pulsar:~ $ apt-cache dumpavail|grep '^Package:.*xlib'
Package: xlib6-altdev
Package: xlib6g-dev
Package: xlib6g-static
Package: xlib6-static
Package: xlib6g
Package: xlib6

I really like this! A big thanks to Branden and the rest of the X Strike
Force!

cu
    Torsten