Re: ip-{up,down} scripts

>> "MH" == Marc Haber <Marc.Haber-lists@gmx.de> writes:

MH> This is somewhat a matter of belief. I am a file-rc user myself
MH> but I know some people who won't touch file-rc.

It is not for the init, but for ip-up and ip-down. I don't use
file-rc, but I think its principles can be used here to make the setup
less complicated. And as this is something new, there is no need to
show consideration to a sysvinit style linktree, when a single
controlfile can serve the same needs in an easier way.

A controlfile like

# scriptname connection [ connection ...]

fetchmail   daemon foo
ntp	    foo

Ciao,
	Martin