Re: Add "nice -10" to /etc/crontab run-parts commands?

On 01-Jun-99 David Welton wrote:

>>     > 5. Lots of people who run their boxes at home use anacron,
>>     > and it would be nice to have the big jobs run without
>>     > disturbing the user much.  Anacron runs all the unrun jobs
>>     > shortly after booting up, just when you are loggin in and
>>     > getting going... Anything to help this out would be good.
>
>> The time that anacron jobs are run can be adjusted by editing
>> /etc/anacrontab.
>
> Yes, but it's still likely to be run while I am using the box, as
> that's the only time that I turn it on...  This isn't a problem,
> however I'd much prefer it if it minimized its impact on my system, if
> that were at all feasible.

Fine, nice it real low.  Do what you want, it's your box.  It is not Debian's
job to decide these things.

Remember, not everyone using Linux uses it at home.  Debian tries to be the
middle ground.  conffiles are designated that way for this reason (and others).